Associate Director, FAC; Senior Lecturer; Adjunct Associate Professor
Skeletal Biology, Secular Change, Allometry Forensic Anthropology, Growth
- Ph.D. 1996, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- M.A. 1990, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- B.A. 1987, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Meadows Jantz, L and RL. Jantz (2008) The Anthropology Research Facility: The Outdoor Laboratory of the Forensic Anthropology Center, University of Tennessee. In The Forensic Anthropology Laboratory eds. M.W. Warren, H.A. Walsh-Haney, and L.E. Freas. CRC Press. Pp7-22.
- Jantz, LM, NP Herrmann, RL Jantz, and DH Ubelaker (2006) Skeletal Biology: Northern Mexico and Texas. In: Ubelaker DH, editor. Handbook of North American Indians: Vol. 3. Environment, Origins and Population. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, pp. 590-594.
- Opel, KL, DT Chung, J Drabek, NE Tatarek, LM Jantz, and BR McCord (2006) The application of Miniplex primer sets in the analysis of degraded DNA from human skeletal remains. Journal of Forensic Sciences 51:351-356.
- Meadows Jantz, L and RL Jantz (2002) Skeletal Biology in Nuestra Senora del Refugio (41RF1), Refugio County, Texas Vol. I, Archaeological Investigations. Texas Department of Transportation, Environmental Affairs Division, Archeological Studies Program, Report No. 39 and Center for Archaeological Research, The University of Texas at San Antonio, Archaeological Survey Report No. 315.
- Meadows Jantz, L, RL Jantz, NP Herrmann, CS Sparks, KE Weisensee, and DV Kopp (2002) Nuestra Senora del Refugio (41RF1), Refugio County, Texas Vol. II Osteological Analyses. Texas Department of Transportation Environmental Affairs Division, Archeological Studies Program, Report No. 39 and Center for Archaeological Research, The University of Texas at San Antonio, Archaeological Survey Report No. 315.
- Jantz, RL and L Meadows Jantz (2000) Secular Change in Craniofacial Morphology. American Journal of Human Biology 12:327-338.
- Meadows Jantz, L, and RL Jantz (1999) Secular Change in Long Bone Length and Proportion in the United States, 1800-1970. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 110:57-67
- Konigsberg, LW, SM Hens, LM Jantz, and WL Jungers (1998) Stature Estimation as Calibration: Maximum Likelihood and Bayesian Approaches in Physical Anthropology. Yearbook of Physical Anthropology 107:65-92.