Course Scheduling for Spring 2021COURSE SCHEDULING REQUEST GUIDELINES
- You should request a schedule start time that is a Valid Class Time (see below).
- Per University rules, no more than 70% of all departmental sections may be scheduled during Prime Time, denoted by classes starting at the following times:
- MWF – 9:05, 10:10, 11:15, 12:20, 1:25, 2:30
- TR – 9:40, 11:10, 12:40, 2:10
- Only 10% of all departmental sections may be scheduled at Non-Valid Class Times. Exceptions are evening classes starting after 5:30 and sections/labs meeting in departmental rooms.
You are asked if your course must be taught in a single (typically three-hour) session. If there is flexibility in the structure of the course that would allow two or three meetings over the course of a week, the committee asks that you only specify one option that is a single session. For example, a graduate theory course may be taught once a week (for a three-hour session), or twice a week in two one-hour fifteen minute sessions.
The department schedule will be built around several courses. Our large-enrollment courses require special consideration, and so these will be given priority in scheduling.