Eastern U.S. prehistoric and historic archaeology, archaeological method and theory, heritage resource management/public archaeology, development of cultural complexity, colonization and migration
- Ph.D. 1990, Anthropology, University of Michigan
- M.A. 1979, Anthropology, University of Arkansas
- B.A. 1972, Anthropology, Case Western Reserve University
- Recent Developments in Southeastern Archaeology: From Colonization to Complexity. 2012. David G. Anderson and Kenneth E. Sassaman. Society for American Archaeology Press, Washington, D.C. .
- Climate Change and Cultural Dynamics: A Global Perspective on Mid-Holocene Transitions (David G. Anderson, Kirk A. Maasch, and Daniel H. Sandweiss, editors). 2007. Academic Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Archaeology, History, and Predictive Modeling: Research on Fort Polk 1972-2002. (David G. Anderson and Steven D. Smith). 2003. University of Alabama Press, Tuscaloosa.
- The Woodland Southeast. (David G. Anderson and Robert C. Mainfort, Jr., editors). 2002. University of Alabama Press, Tuscaloosa.
- Climate and Culture Change in Prehistoric and Early Historic Eastern North America. 2001. Archaeology of Eastern North America 29:143-186.
- Paleoindian Colonization of the Americas: Implications from an Examination of Physiography, Demography, and Artifact Distributions. (David G. Anderson and J. Christopher Gillam). 2000. American Antiquity 65:43-66.
- Transitions in the Mid-Holocene (Daniel H. Sandweiss, Kirk A. Maasch, David G. Anderson). 1999. Science 283:499-500.
- The Paleoindian and Early Archaic Southeast. (David G. Anderson and Kenneth E. Sassaman, editors). 1996. University of Alabama Press.
- The Archaeology of the Mid-Holocene Southeast. (Kenneth E. Sassaman and David G. Anderson, editors). 1996. University Presses of Florida.
- The Savannah River Chiefdoms: Political Change in the Late Prehistoric Southeast. 1994. University of Alabama Press, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Some publications are available for download (PDF) in Dr. David G. Anderson's Curriculum Vitae